7 features that could make ios7 a huge success for apple (AAPL) in 2013
4/5/2013 8:11:00 AM
There are reports all over the internet about apple diverting resources from mac to ios7.
Here are 7 features that could make ios7 a huge success for Apple (AAPL) in 2013
1) 3rd party apps for Apple TV
2) Full blown user accounts for ios (tablet, phone), SYNCED in iCloud
3) Siri integration for 3rd party apps.
4) Siri Alerts such as: (Siri, let me know if there is traffic on my way to work.)
5) Better suggestions for Podcasts, and seamless Play Mode between Podcasts in Favorites.
6) Siri on Apple TV
7) iAd Videos for 3rd party apps
Here is how they will help the customers.
1) Allow Discovery, History, ESPN channels to have an app for appleTV
2) Allow us to use ANY phone to do what our phone does... Same with tablet. It moves my Apple Presence off of my device and onto iCloud. Ultimately It means you might buy extra iPads and leave them in different places like you might do with pads of paper. One for work, the other for the living room, one by the bed, leave one in the kitchen? If my profile TRULY is everywhere SYNCED then I don't only need one iPad, I need MANY.
3) Allow Siri to answer questions BASED on what apps you have on you phone! This not only gives siri more information, but also more CONTEXT.
4) Warn me about traffic as I'm leaving so that I can take a different route.
5) Compete with YouTube in allowing continuous play mode where podcasts become channels.
6) Allow us to control the tv, launch apps, and answer questions from apple tv.
7) Allow more interesting advertisements to appear on applications, encourage 3rd parties like discovery channel to see a profit for adopting an appleTV app. Allows Apple to Lure more to it's platform giving us better content.
Here is how they make Apple money.
1) Apple TV sales would explode!
2) iPhone and iPad sales increase as people buy iPad's for locations rather than always carrying one around.
3) iPhone sets itself apart again, and increases sales.
4) iPhone sets itself apart again, and increases sales.
5) Apple TV sales increase as people see Apple TV as more of a legitimate alternative.
6) Apple TV sales increase as people see Apple TV as useful.7) Allows apple to set a precedence for selling advertisement that is linked to video. This is the most profitable of all. This is what allows apple to not only integrate revenue from AppleTV, but it allows them to begin to take over the television advertising industry. This is the largest of all. This is the new market of dominance. Apple will not only go after the TV Set industry next year with flat panels, but because of their dominance in iTunes, and the advent of 3rd party apps on appleTV it will allow them to take over the advertizing industry as well, giving them 10% of a 144 billion dollar industry!