PDF of Resume
Cognitive Spring – 2011 - Present
Founder & Principal Engineer: Robotics, iOS, Tensorflow
- Working with TensorFlow to create complex humanoid motor control theory
- Deploying trained models to iOS using CoreML
- Working with Mask R-CNN for object detection by extending ResNet101
- Working with Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN) to classify IMU data
- Creation of custom lightning to USB hardware for MFI certification
- Interfacing windows, raspberry pi and other iPads using Bluetooth and WiFi
- Creation of cognition research application for medical research with stroke patients using apple pencil
- Creation of activity research application for medical research with ms patients using apple watch IMU sensor fusion
- Interfacing cloud api in AWS using lambda server-less rest API
- Using Depth Camera for point clouds and CoreML for object segmentation and Edge Detection
- Reverse Engineering SmartCard ISO protocol using USB protocol analyzer
- Designing and Creation of cSpring Humanoid Robot Development Project
- Embedded C++ software engineering
- Integration of IMU data and point cloud data from OpenNI cameras
- Power management for mobile robotics
- 3D point cloud analysis for mapping environments
- Motor control with embedded C++ and Atmel processors
- Development of complex ankle and hip joints for Mechanical Design, CAD and 3D Printing
Mobisante – 2016 - 2018
Principal Software Engineer, Medical Hardware
- Formed a agile team and helped create the culture and agile process to unify our skills
- Hired a team of engineers from diverse backgrounds such as the Test team, QA, Business Analyst and Software Engineers.
- Worked with Product Managers to envision the best path forward for our product. Translated visions into a distilled direction that would be consistent and clear.
- Leading status meetings to bring our team together and up to speed on everyone’s work.
- Designed architecture for portable ultrasound system
- Created Interfaces for hardware API’s to integrate systems from many different hardware venders.
- Created architecture for cloud archiving and retrieval of ultrasound data. The data was collected in a way that would lend itself to being useful to LSTM Neural Networks.
- Rapid prototyping of software and hardware for bringing a product to market
- Worked with HoloLens to develop proof of concepts for the future of medicine
- Created industrial designs in CAD, 3D printed designs and built proof of concepts to show investors
Hunter Engineering – 2012 - 2016
R&D Engineer - Computer Vision, New Product Development
- Creation of system for measuring wheel dimensions and detecting features such as installed weights
- HPrimary focus on the algorithms for using the laser blobs and determining rim profiles from the images that the camera
system captures. This was used to replace the manual dataset arms.
- To decipher data from images I used probabilistic learning algorithms to merge artificial intelligence and computer vision into a product for the company.
- The improvements our team made were a huge success, and they helped increase sales of the Balancer product significantly.
- Contribute design ideas toward patents and future products for the company
- Evaluation of new stereo vision based technologies
- I created a system of measuring runout and detecting other features, which we've patented, using rim profiles and an
average profile to determine features on the wheel.
- I helped our lawyers evaluate patents for determining what we can create. I also discussed new ideas with lawyers to
determine if the ideas would be new and novel ideas.
- New product development from Design and Research to Development, Beta Testing and Production 3D Design of STL files both programmatically and by CAD for use with our 3D printer
- I created a calibration procedure for manufacturing of the camera based laser measurement system to determine the exact relationship between laser and camera of each configuration.
Byrne Software Technologies Inc. – 2006 - 2011
Senior Software Engineer
- Computer vision processing using OpenCV integrated with IOS through C++
- Embedded handheld computer development for integrated systems
- High-Level Object-Oriented Design and Implementation
- Systems integration using various off the shelf modules for rapid development
- High volume multi-threaded application development
- Creation of polymorphic drop in plug and play DLL’s
- Meeting with clientele to discuss new project proposals
- Continually demanded by clients to return and help with additional projects
BBA-reman – 2004 - 2006
Director of Software Engineering
- Embedded applications for use on 8051 microprocessors
- Research, Designed and Made ABS test equipment.
- CANbus network integration and packet creation
- Data acquisition and communication with automotive ECU's
- Expanding product lines through systems integration with research & development
- Responsible for the streamlining of the manufacturing process through a digital job board I created
- Traveled to India to live for 6 months while I hired and trained engineers
- Increased sales over $100,000 per month within 6 months through the new website
- Reduced warranty re-work by 75% by engineering effective test equipment
- Worked with CEO to expand business to cutting edge product development